The General Council allows each District Council to certify and extend “World Ministries Credit” for items specifically defined, yet not sent directly through the General Council or District Council missions giving.
Below you will find details on qualifying items, procedures and forms.
Procedures for reporting for World Ministries Credit
ITEMS THAT QUALIFY FOR WORLD MINISTRIES CREDIT
| Items ALREADY credited:|
- Offerings sent to the General Council
- Offerings sent to the District Council
- Offerings given to any DFM-appointed missionary
- Offerings given to any DHM-appointed missionary
- Offerings sent to any General Council-approved Bible College
- Offerings and/or gifts reported in your quarterly Women’s Ministries report
Items that MAY HAVE BEEN credited (please check):
- Offerings and/or support channeled through your Section (each section is requested to supply such a report)
- Offerings and/or support sent directly to a district-approved project (we prefer that these offerings be channeled through the IDC office)
Items ALLOWED to be certified by the District Office for World Ministries Credit:
- Local food pantry and benevolence support
- Support of local interdenominational ministries (Crisis Pregnancy Centers, Local Rescue Missions, etc.) Please identify clearly the agency supported.
- Direct support to approved projects.
Items specifically NOT ALLOWED for World Ministries credit (based on 9/15/97 memo from Jerry Barton):
- “Local church ministries cannot be included unless promoted or sponsored by the District (e.g., bus ministry, radio/TV ministry in local community, etc.)
- Non-Assemblies of God and/or unapproved ministries
PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN WORLD MINISTRIES CREDIT
- The local church will list and certify amounts given, notifying the office of the Illinois District Superintendent before January 10.
- The District report to the General Council will include these amounts as “non-cash” World Ministries Credit on behalf of the local church.