Worship Director Job Description
The Worship Director is a 10 hour per week position that will lead and oversee our Sunday worship ministry. This person will work with the Lead Pastor, praise teams, and Worship Ministry Team to create God-glorifying worship experiences that invite participants into a deeper relationship with Christ.
1. Worship Planning
1. Work with Lead Pastor to plan Sunday morning worship. This includes choosing songs and occasionally other service elements.
2. Make schedules for Sunday morning praise teams, and sound. Including special services (Christmas, Holy Week, Thanksgiving, etc.) when applicable.
3. Be familiar with Planning Center.
2. Worship Leading
1. Lead the congregation in worship on Sunday morning or equip a praise team member to lead.
2. Lead and/or oversee mid-week and Sunday morning rehearsals. This includes being familiar and using Loop Community (tracks), ProPresenter and Planning Center or willingness to learn.
1. Attend weekly Staff Meeting (Zoom).
2. Maintain Stage (platform) organized and presentable each week.
3. Oversee our instruments (piano, drums, guitars, etc.) and be responsible for maintenance, upkeep, or new purchases.
7. Work with Lead Pastor to identify areas of professional growth, commit to taking regular steps to grow in knowledge or skills related to this position.
The Worship Director is responsible to the Lead Pastor and the Executive Team.
1. An authentic, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Ability to lead worship.
3. Willingness to learn.
4. Have a working knowledge of sound and projection technologies, or a willingness to learn.
5. Ability to plan ahead and keep multiple services and schedules organized.
6. Ability to work well with praise team members, encouraging, supporting and investing in them.